002 - The Inevitable New Years Resolutions

Since this story is beginning at the start of 2012, it makes sense to kick off with some New Years Resolutions. I'm not usually one to take this kind of thing seriously, or document them in any way, so I've never had anything to refer back to or measure myself against at the end of the year. Anxious of the fact that I'll be able to check back to see what I resolved to do, I'm not going to be too specific, and hopefully allow myself a bit of flexibility.

1) I'd like to get a bit more order into my life. I'm talking about improving and optimising my weekly routine and maybe fitting in a couple more activities outside of work.

2) I'd like to get my house in order. I'm talking about completing the furnishings in the unfinished rooms, and getting something done about my dingy kitchen and cellar.

3) I'd like to do something charitable this year. I already make a small monthly donation to charity, but I'd like to try and give a little of my spare time to helping out if I find an opportunity.

4) I'd like to excel in my soon-to-start course at work. I hope that this will be a springboard to taking further exams later in the year.

5) I'd like to get a broader understanding on current issues that interest me. I'm talking about reading more, and engaging with people in discussions on topics where I have particularly strong convictions.

6) I'd like to maintain a bi-weekly posting schedule here. This blog isn't going to serve its purpose if I never write anything on it.

Hopefully those are fuzzy enough for me to do reasonably well at ticking them off come the beginning of 2013!

Mike

0 comments:

Post a Comment